Recycling Opportunities for Selinsgrove Borough
SOLID WASTE – Recycling fees Resolution 17-05
- Curbside collection $8.00 per quarter
- Borough cleanup $4.00 per quarter
Recycling Drop-Off Center West Sassafras Street
Every Thursday—8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
First & Third Saturday of each month –
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
(Closed on Holidays-No Make Up Day)
(Closed-November 26-Thanksgiving Day)
- Tin/Steel Cans: (Rinsed Cans Only) No scrap metal, paint or aerosol cans.
- Aluminum: (Rinsed Cans Only) Beverage cans. No foil, paint, aerosol cans or scrap metal.
- Glass: Clear, Blue/Green and Brown: (Rinse and remove caps.) Jar and bottle form only. No window glass, dishes, drinking glasses or candle jars.
- Plastics: Nos. 1’s and 2’s: (Rinse.) Bottle shaped, mouth smaller than body. (No motor oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, or chemicals.)
- Corrugated Cardboard (Breakdown) and Paperboard: No waxed cardboard. Examples of paperboard are as follows: Toilet paper/paper towel rolls, soda boxes, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes, junk mail including window envelopes, cardboard style egg cartons, etc.
- Hi-Grade Office Paper: Full sheets or shredded. (No plastic window envelopes, oak tag paper, paper back books or hard cover books.)
All shredded paper taken to the Public Works Building for Recycling MUST be in a plastic bag. This is the ONE EXCEPTION to the “no plastic bag rule”.
- Newspapers: Must be clean and dry. (Remove all glossy inserts and put with magazines.) Not tied or in bags.
- Magazines, Catalogs & Phone Books: Must be clean and dry. Not tied or in bags.
- Batteries: Vehicle type batteries only.
- Plastics: Co-mingled: (Rinse.) All plastics #1-7 (except 1’s & 2’s in bottle form, see #4 above.) Kitchen, Laundry, Bath: bottles and containers with #’s 1-7, yogurt cups, butter cups, lids, etc.
NOTE: NO drop-off prior to or after scheduled times. Violators will be prosecuted. Residents must separate recyclables and deposit items in appropriate containers provided.
Aluminum and Glass Pickup
Last Wednesday of Each Month
(items must be placed at curbside prior to 8:00 a.m.)
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RINSED OUT & CAPS REMOVED.
- Aluminum Beverage Cans (typically, soda and beer cans).
- Clear Glass—Bottles & Jars (no candle jars, plates, or drinking glasses).
- Blue/Green Glass—Bottles & Jars.
- Brown Glass—Bottles & Jars.
Glass must be separated by color or the recycler will not pick them up. Place items in any solid, open-top container. Selinsgrove Borough no longer has containers available. Do not use plastic or paper bags.
May 3, 2021 & October 18, 2021
Brush, branches, tree limbs, tree trimmings (no bigger than 4” in diameter, and limited to 1 cubic yard–equal to a combined container capacity of 200 gallons) will be picked up curbside. Garden residue, twigs, vines, soft stem plants and weeds (no grass clippings, roots, dirt or soil debris, or garbage bags) must be placed in moisture-proof, open-top containers capable of permitting materials to be picked up and dumped into a truck (limit of 30 pounds/container). Items are to be placed along the curb, but not out into the street, before 7:00 a.m.
October 25 through
November 24, 2021
(or the first snowfall)
(pickup will follow the street cleaning schedule)
Leaves are to be placed along the curb, but not into the street, before 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled day for your street. Leaves may be bagged but may not include brush, twigs, branches, grass, vines, soft-stem plants, any other similar materials that would clog the Borough’s leaf vacuum, or any non-vegetative matter.
Live Christmas Tree Pickup
Christmas trees, which are placed along the curb, will be picked up during the first 10 working days in January. No plastic bags, decorations or other attachments (tree stands) will be picked up.
Borough Compost Yard Drop-Off
South end of Strawberry Alley
Garden Residue, Brush and Leaves ONLY. Place at locations noted by signs in yard area. (No grass clippings. No bags. No demolition material or fill.) Composted leaves and mulch are available to Borough residents.