Code of Ordinances
ADVANCED SEARCH OPTIONS FOR CODE OF ORDINANCES
To locate the Selinsgrove Borough’s Ordinances, click on the green “Code of Ordinances” box on the right of this page. You will then be able to perform a search of the Borough’s Ordinances. Below is information that will assist you with performing your search.
- Searching with all of the words, any of the words, or the exact phrase will broaden or narrow you research results. The default search type is all of the words. Selecting the exact phrase will yield fewer results. Any of the words will yield the most results.
- A boolean search request consists of a group of words or phrases linked by connectors such as “and” and “or” that indicate the relationship between them. An example would be dog w/5 cat. This search looks for the word dog occuring within five words of cat. Click [Help] for a pop-up list of boolean search functions. Boolean searching also allows you to use the stemming, fuzzy, and phonic search functions.
- Stemming extends a search to cover grammatical variations on a word. For example, a search for fish would also find fishing. A search for applied would also find applying, applies, and apply.
- Fuzzy searching will find a word even if it is misspelled. For example, a fuzzy search for nusance will find nuisance. Select a fuzziness level from the drop-down menu to set how many characters off a word can be from your search term and still count as a hit.
- Synonym searching looks for words that have the same meaning as the word you entered. For example, a synonym search for eleventh will also find 11th.
- Phonic searching looks for words that sound similar to the word you are searching for and begin with the same letter. For example, a phonic search for sell will also find soil amd shall.
- There are two options in this dropdown menu to determine how search results are displayed. Select Hits to sort search results by total number of hits within a chapter. Use Sections to sort search results in code order (i.e., by chapter number).
- Saved Searches allows you to save search results for future use. Click Save Current Search to add the current search term to the saved searches dropdown menu. Saved searches will be unique to each computer. To remove saved searches, either select one search term and click delete this search, or click delete all searches to remove all terms from the list.
Copies of Selinsgrove Borough ordinances may be obtained from the Borough Office.
Other Borough Ordinances
Brush, Grass and Weeds
- No growth over 8 inches tall.
- Brush, (excluding grass, vines, soft stem plants and weeds) may be disposed of within the Borough’s Compost Yard.
- No outdoor burning, with few exceptions.
Garbage, Rubbish and Refuse
- Storage of garbage in containers required.
- Source separation and containment of recyclables required.
- No placement of garbage refuse or rubbish in street, including grass and leaves.
- No placement of grass clippings or leaves in street.